1. Kiani G, Soltanzadeh M. High capacity removal of silver (I) and lead (II) ions by modified polyacrylonitrile from aqueous solutions. Desalin Water Treat. 2014; 52(16-18): 3206-18.
2. Lim AP, Aris AZ. A review on economically adsorbents on heavy metals removal in water and wastewater. Rev Environ Sci Biotechnol. 2014; 13(2): 163-81.
3. Kadirvelu K, Thamaraiselvi K, Namasivayam C. Removal of heavy metals from industrial wastewaters by adsorption onto activated carbon prepared from an agricultural solid waste. Bioresour Technol. 2001; 76(1): 63-5.
4. Barakat M. New trends in removing heavy metals from industrial wastewater. Arab J Chem. 2011; 4(4): 361-77.
5. Sorme L, Lagerkvist R. Sources of heavy metals in urban wastewater in Stockholm. Sci Total Environ. 2002; 298(1-3): 131-45.
6. Ghasemi M, Naushad M, Ghasemi N, Khosravi-fard Y. A novel agricultural waste based adsorbent for the removal of Pb (II) from aqueous solution: kinetics, equilibrium and thermodynamic studies. J Ind Eng Chem. 2014; 20(2): 454-61.
7. Al-Shannag M, Al-Qodah Z, Bani-Melhem K, Qtaishat MR, Alkasrawi M. Heavy metal ions removal from metal plating wastewater using electrocoagulation: Kinetic study and process performance. Chem Eng J. 2015; 260: 749-56.
8. Mubarak N, Sahu J, Abdullah E, Jayakumar N. Removal of heavy metals from wastewater using carbon nanotubes. Sep Purif Rev. 2014; 43(4): 311-38.
9. Dhir B. Potential of biological materials for removing heavy metals from wastewater. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2014; 21(3): 1614-27.
10. Babel S, Kurniawan TA. Cr (VI) removal from synthetic wastewater using coconut shell charcoal and commercial activated carbon modified with oxidizing agents and/or chitosan. Chemosphere. 2004; 54(7): 951-67.
11. Acharya J, Kumar U, Meikap B. Thermodynamic characterization of adsorption of lead (II) ions on activated carbon developed from tamarind wood from aqueous solution. S Afr J Chem Eng. 2013; 18(1): 70-6.
12. Abdel-Halim SH, Shehata AM, El-Shahat MF. Removal of lead ions from industrial waste water by different types of natural materials. Water Res. 2003; 37(7): 1678-83.
13. Mondal MK. Removal of Pb (II) ions from aqueous solution using activated tea waste: Adsorption on a fixed-bed column. J Environ Manage. 2009; 90(11): 3266-71.
14. Singha B, Das SK. Removal of Pb (II) ions from aqueous solution and industrial effluent using natural biosorbents. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012; 19(6): 2212-26.
15. Hu J, Zhao D, Wang X. Removal of Pb(II) and Cu(II) from aqueous solution using multiwalled carbon nanotubes/iron oxide magnetic composites. Water Sci Technol. 2011; 63(5): 917-23.
16. Dong L, Zhu Z, Qiu Y, Zhao J. Removal of lead from aqueous solution by hydroxyapatite/ magnetite composite adsorbent. Chem Eng J. 2010; 165(3): 827-34.
17. Goel J, Kadirvelu K, Rajagopal C, Kumar Garg V. Removal of lead (II) by adsorption using treated granular activated carbon: batch and column studies. J Hazard Mater. 2005; 125(1-3): 211-20.
18. Momčilović M, Purenović M, Bojić A, Zarubica A, Ranđelović M. Removal of lead (II) ions from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto pine cone activated carbon. Desalin. 2011; 276(1): 53-9.
19. Ucun H, Bayhana YK, Kaya Y, Cakici A, Algur OF. Biosorption of lead (II) from aqueous solution by cone biomass of Pinus sylvestris. Desalin. 2003; 154(3): 233-8.
20. Özacar M, Şengil İA, Türkmenler H. Equilibrium and kinetic data, and adsorption mechanism for adsorption of lead onto valonia tannin resin. Chem Eng J. 2008; 143(1): 32-42.
21. Vilar VJ, Botelho CM, Boaventura RA. Influence of pH, ionic strength and temperature on lead biosorption by Gelidium and agar extraction algal waste. Process Biochem. 2005; 40(10): 3267-75.
22. Singanan M, Abebaw A, Vinodhini S. Removal of lead ions from industrial waste water by using biomaterials: A novel method. Bull Chem Soc Ethiop. 2005; 19(2): 289-94.
23. Ahluwalia SS, Goyal D. Microbial and plant derived biomass for removal of heavy metals from wastewater. Bioresour Technol. 2007; 98(12): 2243-57.
24. Dean JG, Bosqui FL, Lanouette KH. Removing heavy metals from waste water. Environ Sci Technol. 1972; 6(6): 518-22.
25. Hunsom M, Pruksathorn K, Damronglerd S, Vergnes H, Duverneuil P. Electrochemical treatment of heavy metals (Cu2+, Cr6+, Ni2+) from industrial effluent and modeling of copper reduction. Water Res. 2005; 39(4): 610-6.
26. Singh D, Tiwari A, Gupta R. Phytoremediation of lead from wastewater using aquatic plants. J Agric Technol. 2012; 8(1): 1-11.
27. Thavamani SS, Rajkumar R. Removal of Cr (VI), Cu (II), Pb (II) and Ni (II) from Aqueous Solutions by Adsorption on Alumina. Res J Chem Sci. 2013; 2231: 606X.