1. Heinrich LM, Gullone E. The clinical significance of loneliness: a literature review. Clin Psychol Rev. 2006; 26(6): 695-718.
2. Cacioppo J, Patrick W. Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection. USA: W. W. Norton Pub; 2008.
3. Asendorpf JB, van Aken MA. Personality-relationship transaction in adolescence: Core versus surface personality characteristics. J Pers. 2003; 71(4): 629-66.
4. Asher SR, Paquette JA. Loneliness and peer relations in childhood. Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2003; 12(3): 75-8.
5. Boomsma DI, Willemsen G, Dolan CV, Hawkley LC, Cacioppo JT. Genetic and environmental contributions to loneliness in adults: the Netherlands twin register study. Behav Genet. 2005; 35(6): 745-52.
6. Asti T, Kara M, Ipek G, Erci B. The experiences of loneliness, depression, and social support of Turkish patients with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and their caregivers. J Clin Nurs. 2006; 15(4): 490-7.
7. Ceyhan AA, Ceyhan E. Loneliness, depression, and computer self-efficacy as predictors of problematic internet use. Cyberpsychol Behav. 2008; 11(6): 699-701.
8. Stravynski A, Boyer R. Loneliness in relation to suicide ideation and parasuicide: A population-wide study. Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2001; 31(1): 32-40.
9. Durak Batigun A. [Suicide probability: An assessment terms of reasons for living, hopelessness and loneliness]. Turk Psikiyatri Derg. 2005; 16(1): 29-39.
10. Allen HA, Peterson JS, Whipple S. Loneliness and alcoholism: a study of three groups of male alcoholics. Int J Addict. 1981; 16(7): 1255-8.
11. Page RM, Cole GE. Loneliness and alcoholism risk in late adolescence: a comparative study of adults and adolescents. Adolescence. 1991; 26(104): 925-30.
12. Hawkley LC, Cacioppo JT. Loneliness matters: A theoretical and empirical review of consequences and mechanisms. Ann Behav Med. 2010; 40(2): 218-27.
13. Jaremka LM, Andridge RR, Fagundes CP, Alfano CM, Povoski SP, Lipari AM, et al. Pain, depression, and fatigue: Loneliness as a longitudinal risk factor. Health Psychol. 2014; 33(9): 948-57.
14. Jaremka LM, Fagundes CP, Peng J, Bennett JM, Glaser R, Malarkey WB, et al. Loneliness promotes inflammation during acute stress. Psychol Sci. 2013; 24(7):1089-97.
15. Ivbijaro G. Loneliness and the elderly: opportunities for health promotion. Ment Health Fam Med. 2013; 10(1): 1-2.
16. Alspach JG. Loneliness and social isolation: risk factors long overdue for surveillance. Crit Care Nurse. 2013; 33(6): 8-13.
17. Teppers E, Luyckx K, Klimstra TA, Goossens L. Loneliness and Facebook motives in adolescence: a longitudinal inquiry into directionality of effect. J Adolesc. 2014; 37(5): 691-9.
18. Survey on loneliness uses scale developed by ISU professors. Available from: http://phys.org/news/2010-12-survey- loneliness-scale-isu-professors.html.
19. Russell DW. UCLA Loneliness Scale (Version 3): Reliability, validity, and factor structure. J Pers Ass. 1996; 66(1): 20-40.
20. Russell D, Peplau LA, Cutrona CE. The revised UCLA Loneliness Scale: concurrent and discriminant validity evidence. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1980; 39(3): 472-80.
21. Holt-Lunstad J, Smith TB, Baker M, Harris T, Stephenson D. Loneliness and social isolation as risk factors for mortality: a meta-analytic review. Perspect Psychol Sci. 2015; 10(2): 227-37.
22. Sharabi A, Levi U, Margalit M. Children's loneliness, sense of coherence, family climate, and hope: developmental risk and protective factors. J Psychol. 2012; 146(1-2): 61-83.
23. Dussault M, Deaudelin C. Loneliness and self-efficacy in education majors. Psychol Rep. 2001; 89(2): 285-9.
24. Al-Yagon M. Child-mother and child- father attachment security: links to internalizing adjustment among children with learning disabilities. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2014; 45(1): 119-31.
25. Al-Yagon M. Fathers' coping resources and children's socioemotional adjustment among children with learning disabilities. J Learn Disabil. 2011; 44(6): 491-507.
26. Donnelly R, Springer A. Parental social support, ethnicity, and energy balance- related behaviors in ethnically diverse, low- income, urban elementary schoolchildren. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2015; 47(1): 10-8.
27. Parent J, Clifton J, Forehand R, Golub A, Reid M, Pichler ER. Parental Mindfulness and Dyadic Relationship Quality in Low-income Cohabiting Black Stepfamilies: Associations with Parenting Experienced by Adolescents. Couple Family Psychol. 2014; 3(2): 67-82.
28. Goode A, Mavromaras K. Family income and child health in China. China Econ R. 2014; 29: 152-65.
29. Case A, Lubotsky D, Paxson C. Economic status and health in childhood: The origins of the gradient. Am Econ Rev. 2002; 92:1308-34.
30. Currie J. Viewpoint: Child research comes of age. Can J Econ. 2004; 37(3): 509-27.
31. Janlert U. Economic crisis, unemployment and public health. Scand J Public Health. 2009; 37(8): 783-4.
32. Falagas ME, Vouloumanou EK, Mavros MN, Karageorgopoulos DE. Economic crises and mortality: A review of the literature. Int J Clin Pract. 2009; 63(8): 1128-35.