1. Patra S, Pasrija S, Trivedi SS, Puri M. Maternal and perinatal outcome in patients with severe anemia in pregnancy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005; 91(2): 164-5.
2. Beard JL. Iron biology in immune function, muscle metabolism and neuronal functioning. J Nutr. 2001; 131(2S-2): 568S-79S; discussion 80S.
3. Sayehmiri K, Darvishi Z, Azami M, Qavam S. The prevalence of anemia in first, second and third trimester of pregnancy in Iran: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Iran J Obstet Gynecol infertil. 2015; 18(168): 7-15.
4. Addis Alene K, Mohamed Dohe A. Prevalence of anemia and associated factors among pregnant women in an urban area of eastern ethiopia. Anemia 2014; 2014: 1-5.
5. Organization WH. Worldwide prevalence of anemia 1993-2005: WHO global database on anemia. 2008.
6. Balarajan Y, Ramakrishnan U, Ozaltin E, Shankar AH, Subramanian SV. Anemia in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet. 2011; 378(9809): 2123-35.
7. Salhan S, Tripathi V, Singh R, Gaikwad HS. Evaluation of hematological parameters in partial exchange and packed cell transfusion in treatment of severe anemia in pregnancy. Anemia. 2012; 2012: 608658.
8. Haider BA, Olofin I, Wang M, Spiegelman D, Ezzati M, Fawzi WW, et al. Anemia, prenatal iron use, and risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2013; 346: f3443.
9. Rasmussen K. Is there a causal relationship between iron deficiency or iron-deficiency anemia and weight at birth, length of gestation and perinatal mortality? J Nutr. 2001; 131 (2S-2): 590S-601S; Discussion S-3S.
10. Siega-Riz AM, Hartzema AG, Turnbull C, Thorp J, McDonald T, Cogswell ME. The effects of prophylactic iron given in prenatal supplements on iron status and birth outcomes: A randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194(2): 512-9.
11. Orish VN, Onyeabor OS, Boampong JN, Acquah S, Sanyaolu AO, Iriemenam NC. The effects of malaria and HIV co- infection on hemoglobin levels among pregnant women in Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2013; 120(3): 236-9.
12. Lowdermilk D, Perry SH. Maternity and Woman’s health care. 8th ed. St Louis: Mosby; 2004: 1219.
13. Bouzari Z, Basirat Z, Zeinal Zadeh M, Cherati SY, Ardebil MD, Mohammadnetaj M, et al. Daily versus intermittent iron supplementation in pregnant women. BMC Res Notes. 2011; 4: 444.
14. Barooti E, Rezazadehkermani M, Sadeghirad B, Motaghipisheh S, Tayeri S, Arabi M, et al. Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia among Iranian pregnant women; a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Reprod Infertil. 2010; 11(1): 18-21.
15. Von Elm E, Altman DG, Egger M, Pocock SJ, Gotzsche PC, Vandenbroucke JP, et al. The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: Guidelines for reporting observational studies. Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147(8): 573-7.
16. Ranaei F, Shahoei R, Zaheri F. Prevalence of Low Hemoglobin and its Correlation with Maternal Factors and Pregnancy Outcomes in Pregnant Women in Health Centers of Sanandaj in 2009. Life Sci J. 2013; 10: 298-303.
17. Sadeghian M, Fatourechi A, Lesanpezeshki M, Ahmadnezhad E. Prevalence of anemia and correlated factors in the reproductive age women in rural areas of tabas. J Family Reprod Health. 2013; 7(3): 139-44.
18. Mirzaie F, Eftekhari N, Goldozeian S, Mahdavinia J. Prevalence of anemia risk factors in pregnant women in Kerman,Iran. Iran J Reprod Med. 2010; 8(2): 66-9.
19. Sharifi N, Majlesi F. A survey on iron-deficiency anemia in pregnant women with presentation of an educational program. Zahedan J Res Med Sci. 2012; 13(suppl 1): 42.
20. Soofizadeh N, Farhadifar F, Kalantar E, Shahsavari S. Evaluating the prevalence of asymptomatic urinary tract infection and anemia in pregnant women in first trimester. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil. 2012; 15: 11-6.
21. Mostajeran M, Hassanzadeh A, Tol A, Majlessi F, Shariat M, Aghdak P. Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in unwanted and high risk pregnancies in Isfahan province, Iran. J Health Sys Res. 2013; 9: 66-75.
22. Alizadeh L, Salehi L, Ramzi M. Maternal hemoglobin level and birth outcomesin pregnant adolescents. Sci J Iran Blood Transfus Organ. 2013; 9: 455-62.
23. Veghari G. Anemia in north of Iran (south-east of Caspian Sea). Pak J Biol Sci. 2007; 10(10): 1703-7.
24. Rahbar N, Ghorbani R, Rezaei Ahvanoyy F. Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia and its complications in pregnant women referred to medical-health centers in Semnan. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil. 2014; 17: 12-17.
25. Akbarzadeh M, Razmi M, Tabatabaie H, Alizadeh L. Correlation of maternal factors and hemoglobin concentration during pregnancy Shiraz 2006. Iran South Med J. 2009; 12(2): 133-41.
26. Pasdar Y, Heidari N, Safari Y, Safari Faramani R, Izadi N, et al. Prevalence of some risk factors in pregnant women Kermanshah province in 1389. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil. 2012; 15(21): 14-23.
27. Riahinejad S, Ghasemi Tehrani H, Alipour Hafshejani E, Ghasemi M, Nourizadeh Dehkordi F. Valuation of Vitamin D Level at the End of First Trimester and Its Relation with anemia, Bacterial Vaginosis, and Toothache in Pregnant Mothers. J Isfahan Med Sch. 2015; 32: 3.
28. Faraji R, Mirbolouk F, Sharemi S, Asgharnia M, Jouafshani M, Gholamzadeh M. Relationship between maternal hemoglobin concentration and BMI during the first trimester in primiparous women and her neonatal's birth weight. Iran J Surgery. 2010; 18: 62-8.
29. Yazdani M, Tadbiri M, Shakeri S. Maternal hemoglobin level, prematurity, and low birth weight. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004; 85(2): 163-4.
30. Asnafi N, Sina S, Miri S. Prevalence of anemia and its relationship with mother’s age and gestational age in pregnant women visiting Yahyanejad hospital of Babol in 2000. J Reprod Infertil. 2003; 4: 213-9.
31. Khademi Z, Shahi A, Farshid Far GhR, Zare Sh, Vaziri F. Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women referred to Shariati hospital in Bandar Abbas, Iran. Bimonth J Hormozgan Univ Med Sci. 2004; 8: 27-31.
32. Jalali M, Siassi F, Ghiasvand R, Jarollahi N, Gheibi F, Fatehi F, et al. Iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women in Eslamshahr. J Kerman Univ Med Sci. 2005; 12(4): 271-7.
33. Navidian A, Tabas EE, Sarani H, Ghalge M, Yaghobinia F. The prevalence of Iron- deficiency anemia in the pregnant women referring to health centers in Zahedan. J Reprod Infertil. 2006; 7(2): 132-8.
34. Safavi M, Sheikholeslam R, Abdollahi Z, Naghavi M, SadeghianSharif S, Sadeghzadeh E, et al. Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia among Iranian pregnant women, Spring 200. Iran J Epidemiol. 2006; 1: 1-10.
35. Kalantari N, Samadanian F, Karim abadeh N, Valaei N. The efficacy of Iron supplementation during pregnancy in Isfahan province, 1999. Pajoohandeh. 2003; 8: 161-70.
36. Rahbar N, Ghorbani R, Khansoltani S, Rashmekarim M. Prevalence of anemia and some of the related individual factors in the third trimester of the pregnancy in women referred to Semnan university of medical sciences clinics, (1999). Koomesh. 2000; 1: 31-7.
37. Amolae Kh, Ehsani MA, Ahmadi D. Prevalence of Iron deficiency anemia in full-term pregnant women in Kermanshah, 1999. Behbood. 2001; 5: 36-42.
38. Latifzadeh SZ, Kazemi A. Prevalence of iron deficiency in pregnant women and their neonate in teaching hospitals of Tehran. J Iran Univ Med Sci. 1998; 5: 56-62.
39. Soheili Azad AA, Jalali M, Jazayeri A, Golestan B. Nutritional anemia in pregnant women. J Kerman Univ Med Sci. 1997; 4: 14-9.
40. Salarilak S, Rabiipoor S, Ebrahimpoor- Azar F, Noori-Saidloo S. Assessing the role of gaps between pregnancies on iron storage of pregnant mothers referred to health centers of Uremia city. Urmia Med J. 1999; 10(4): 293-300.
41. Hajian KO, Asnafi N. The relationship between maternal hemoglobin and hematocrit levels with neonatal pregnancy complication at birth. Daneshvar Med. 2006; 13: 33-8.
42. Borna S, Borna H, Ghanbari Z, Khezrdoost S. Anemia and factors that affect it in pregnancy. Tehran Univ Med J. 2005; 63: 448-52.
43. Davaritanha F, Kaveh M, Salehi B. Incidence of anemia in pregnancy and its relationship with maternal characteristics and pregnancy outcome. Hayat. 2005; 11: 23-31.
44. Karimi M, Kadivar R, Yarmohammadi H. Assessment of the prevalence of iron deficiency anemia, by serum ferritin, in pregnant women of Southern Iran. Med Sci Monit. 2002; 8(7): CR488-92.
45. Fararooei M, Vakili M, Akbartabar M. Prevalence of pregnancy risk factors in pregnant women referred to Fars province health centers. Armaghane Danesh. 1999; 4: 15-6.
46. Vahidinia AA, Shamse vala S. Study on Iron as well as Iron-deficiency anemia
in pregnant women of Hamadan city. J Ilam Univ Med Sci. 2003; 11: 9-38.
47. Creasy RK, Renisk R, Iams JD. Maternal- fetal medicine: principles and practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders 2004: 11: 14-6.
48. Azami M, Darvishi Z, Borji M, Sayehmiri K. Helicobacter pylori infection is associated with anemia in pregnant women: a meta- analysis study. Iran J Med Microbiol. In press; 2016.
49. Patra S, Pasrija S, Trivedi SS, Puri M. Maternal and perinatal outcome in patients with severe anemia in pregnancy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005; 91(2): 164-5.
50. Stevens GA, Finucane MM, De-Regil LM, Paciorek CJ, Flaxman SR, Branca F, et al. Global, regional, and national trends in haemoglobin concentration and prevalence of total and severe anemia in children and pregnant and non-pregnant women for 1995- 2011: A systematic analysis of population- representative data. Lancet Glob Health. 2013; 1(1): e16-25.
51. Levy A, Fraser D, Katz M, Mazor M, Sheiner E. Maternal anemia during pregnancy is an independent risk factor for low birthweight and preterm delivery. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2005; 122(2): 182-6.
52. Cohen JH, Haas JD. Hemoglobin correction factors for estimating the prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women residing at high altitudes in Bolivia. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 1999; 6(6): 392-9.
53. Abbasalizadeh Sh, Darvishi Z, Abbasalizadeh F, Azami M, Borji M, Afshar Safavid A. The prevalence of helicobacter pylori infection among Iranian pregnant women: A meta-analysis study. J Knowledge Health. 2016; 11(2): 17-23.