1. Kramer MS. Determinants of low birth weight: methodological assessment and meta-analysis. Bull World Health Organ. 1987; 65(5): 663-737.
2. Rich-Edwards JW, Buka SL, Brennan RT, Earls F. Diverging associations of maternal age with low birthweight for black and white mothers. Int J Epidemiol. 2003; 32(1): 83-90.
3. Kumar P, Seshadri R. Neonatal morbidity and growth in very low birth-weight infants after multiple courses of antenatal steroids. J Perinatol. 2005; 25(11): 698-702.
4. Basu S, Rathore P, Bhatia BD. Predictors of mortality in very low birth weight neonates in India. Singapore med J. 2008; 49(7): 556-60.
5. Kang BH, Moon JY, Chung SH, Choi YS, Lee KS, Chang JY, et al. Birth statistics of high birth weight infants (macrosomia) in Korea. Korean J Pediatr. 2012; 55(8): 280-5.
6. Forsen T, Eriksson J, Tuomilehto J, Reunanen A, Osmond C, Barker D. The fetal and childhood growth of persons who develop type 2 diabetes. Ann Intern Med. 2000; 133(3): 176-82.
7. Frankel S, Elwood P, Sweetnam P, Yarnell J, Smith GD. Birthweight,
body-mass index in middle age, and incident coronary heart disease. Lancet. 1996; 348(9040): 1478-80.
8. Whincup P, Cook D, Papacosta O, Walker M. Birth weight and blood pressure: cross sectional and longitudinal relations in childhood. Bmj. 1995; 311(7008): 773-6.
9. Akre O, Ekbom A, Hsieh CC, Trichopoulos D, Adami HO. Testicular nonseminoma and seminoma in relation to perinatal characteristics. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1996; 88(13): 883-9.
10. Tibblin G, Eriksson M, Cnattingius S, Ekbom A. High birthweight as a predictor of prostate cancer risk. Epidemiology. 1995; 6(4): 423-4.
11. Valero De Bernabe J, Soriano T, Albaladejo R, Juarranz M, Calle ME, Martinez D, et al. Risk factors for low birth weight: a review. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004; 116(1): 3-15.
12. Nazari F, Vaisi Z, Sayehmiri K, et al. Prevalence and trends of low birth weight in Iran: A systematic review. J Nurs MIdwifery. 2013; 22(79):1-8.
13. Emanuel I, Kimpo C, Moceri V. The association of maternal growth and socio-economic measures with infant birthweight in four ethnic groups. Int J Epidemiol. 2004; 33(6): 1236-42.
14. Astone NM, Misra D, Lynch C. The effect of maternal socio-economic status throughout the lifespan on infant birthweight. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2007; 21(4): 310-8.
15. Tootoonchi P. Low birth weight among newborn infants at Tehran hospitals. J Pediatr. 2007; 17(2): 186-92.
16. Zahedi R, Managheb SE., karimi MS. Investigation of effective factors on low birth weight in Jahrom. J Jahrom UnivMed Sci. 2009; 6(2): 56-65.
17. Shin YH, Choi SJ, Kim KW, Yu J, Ahn KM, Kim HY, et al. Association between maternal characteristics and neonatal birth weight in a Korean population living in the Seoul metropolitan area, Korea: a birth cohort study (COCOA). J Korean Med Sci. 2013; 28(4): 580-5.
18. Badshah S, Mason L, McKelvie K, Payne R, Lisboa PJ. Risk factors for low birthweight in the public-hospitals at Peshawar, NWFP-Pakistan. BMC Public Health. 2008; 8: 197.
19. Suzuki K, Tanaka T, Kondo N, Minai J, Sato M, Yamagata Z. Is maternal smoking during early pregnancy a risk factor for all low birth weight infants? J Epidemiol. 2007; 18(3): 89-96.
20. Mirzarahimi M, Hazrati S, Ahmadi P, Alijahan R. Prevalence and risk factors for low birth weight in Ardabil, Iran. Iran J Neonatol. 2013: 4(1): 18-23.
21. Chaman R, et al. Low Birth Weight and Its Related Risk Factors. HK J Paediatr. 2012; 17: 191-2.
22. Rezaeian M, Goujani R, Sheikh Fathollahi M, Vaziri Nejad R, Manshori A, Razi S. A Comparative Study on Prevalence of Preterm Birth and Low Birth Weight in Iranians and Afghans Races in Rafsanjan Nik-Nafs Hospital in 2011-2012. J Rafsanjan Univ Med Sci. 2014; 13(1): 67-82.
23. Figueras F, Meler E, Iraola A, Eixarch E, Coll O, Figueras J, et al. Customized birthweight standards for a Spanish population. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008; 136(1): 20-4.
24. Xue F, Willett WC, Rosner BA, Forman MR, Michels KB. Parental characteristics as predictors of birthweight. Hum Reprod. 2008; 23(1): 168-77.
25. Ziadeh S. Obstetric outcome of teenage pregnancies in North Jordan. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2001; 265(1): 26-9.
26. Rebollo AG, Montero CM. [Perinatal variables and health inequalities in a health-care district in Caceres, Spain]. Gac Sanit. 2000; 14(1): 31-8.
27. Cnattingius S, Forman MR, Berendes HW, Isotalo L. Delayed childbearing and risk of adverse perinatal outcome. A population-based study. JAMA. 1992; 268(7): 886-90.
28. Hsieh TT, Liou JD, Hsu JJ, Lo LM, Chen SF, Hung TH. Advanced maternal age and adverse perinatal outcomes in an Asian population. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010; 148(1): 21-6.
29. Yogev Y, Melamed N, Bardin R, Tenenbaum-Gavish K, Ben-Shitrit G, Ben-Haroush A. Pregnancy outcome at extremely advanced maternal age. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203(6): 558 e1-7.
30. Delbaere I, Verstraelen H, Goetgeluk S, Martens G, De Backer G, Temmerman M. Pregnancy outcome in primiparae of advanced maternal age. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007; 135(1):
31. Jafari F, Eftekhar H, Pourreza A, Mousavi J. Socio-economic and medical determinants of low birth weight in Iran: 20 years after establishment of a primary healthcare network. Public Health. 2010; 124(3): 153-8.
32. Roudbari M, Yaghmaei M, Soheili M. Prevalence and risk factors of low-birth-weight infants in Zahedan, Islamic Republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J. 2007; 13(4): 838-45.
33. Ochoa Sangrador C, Luque Benlloch C, Carrascal Tejado A. [Prematurity, low birth weight and the interval between pregnancies]. An Esp Pediatr. 1996; 45(1): 67-70.
34. Ugboma H, Onyearugha C. Low birth weight delivery: Prevalence and associated factors as seen at a tertiary health facility. Niger J Clin Pract. 2013; 16(2): 184-7.
35. Xiong X, Demianczuk NN, Saunders LD, Wang FL, Fraser WD. Impact of preeclampsia and gestational hypertension on birth weight by gestational age. Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 155(3): 203-9.
36. Fallah M, Afrouz G, Heidari G. Examining the factors effective on birth weight among babies of Yazd Province in 2007. Toloo-e-behdasht. 2008; 7(3): 57-64.
37. Khalil MM, Alzahra E. Fetal gender and pregnancy outcomes in Libya: A retrospective study. Libyan J Med. 2013; 8: 1-4.
38. Orskou J, Henriksen TB, Kesmodel U, Secher NJ. Maternal characteristics and lifestyle factors and the risk of delivering high birth weight infants. Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102(1): 115-20.
39. Hashemian Nejad N, Pejhan A, Rakhshani MH, Hoseini BL. The Incidence of Low Birth Weight (LBW) and Small-for-Gestational Age (SGA) and its Related Factors in Neonates, Sabzevar, Iran. Int J Pediatr. 2014; 2(4): 73-8.
40. Zeyghami B, Parisay Z.A Study on Correlation of Mother's Risk Factors with Low Birth Weight of Newborns at a Multiple Regression Model in Kohghiloyeh and Boyerahmad Province in 2004-2005. ArmaghaneDanesh. 2006; 10(4): 37-45.
41. Delaram M. The incidence and related factors of low birth weight. Iran J Nurs. 2010; 23(64): 29-36.
42. Goshtasebi A, Banaem LM, Rodbary MA, Bakouei S. The association between preconception body mass index and pregnancy weight gain on birth weight. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci. 2011; 21(84): 81-5.
43. Nemmati A, Refahi S, Barak M, Jafari M, Ettehad G. The relationship between some of maternal anthropometric measurments with neonatal birth weight of Alavi Hospital, Ardebil. J Ardabil Unvi Med Sci. 2007; 7(1): 84-9.
44. Yadav H, Lee N. Maternal factors in predicting low birth weight babies. Med J Malaysia. 2013; 68(1): 44-7.
45. Hassan NE, Shalaan AH, El-Masry SA. Relationship between maternal characteristics and neonatal birth size in Egypt. East Mediterr Health J. 2011; 17(4): 281-9.
46. Tootonchi P. Low birth weight among newborn infants at Tehran hospitals. Iran J Pediatr. 2007; 17: 186-92.
47. Esmaeili H. The relationship between BMI at the beginning of pregnancy With birth weight and other pregnancy outcomes. J Obst Gynecol Infertil. 2014; 16: 1-10.