1. International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes: facts and figures, IDF; 2014. Available from: www.idf.org/ world diabetes day/ toolkit/gp/ facts-figures.
2. Jafari T, Faghihimani E, Feizi A, Iraj B, Javanmard SH, Esmaillzadeh A, et al. Effects of vitamin D-fortified low fat yogurt on glycemic status, anthropometric indexes, inflammation, and bone turnover in diabetic postmenopausal women: A randomized controlled clinical trial. Clin Nutr. 2016; 35: 67-76.
3. Pouwer F, Geelhoed‐Duijvestijn PH, Tack CJ, Bazelmans E, Beekman AJ, Heine RJ,
et al. Prevalence of comorbid depression is high in out‐patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Results from three out‐patient clinics in the Netherlands. Diabet Med. 2010; 27(2): 217-24.
4. Grigsby AB, Anderson RJ, Freedland KE, Clouse RE, Lustman PJ. Prevalence of anxiety in adults with diabetes: A systematic review. J Psychosom Res. 2002; 53(6): 1053-60.
5. Fisher L, Skaff MM, Mullan JT, Arean P, Glasgow R, Masharani U. A longitudinal study of affective and anxiety disorders, depressive affect and diabetes distress in adults with type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2008; 25(9): 1096-101.
6. Moses A, Chawla R, John M. Insulin analogue therapy improves quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes in India: The A1chieve study. J Assoc Physicians India. 2013; 61(1 Suppl): 31-40.
7. Hossein-Nezhad A, Holick MF. Vitamin D for health: A global perspective. Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88(7): 720-55.
8. Lipkin EW, Schwartz AV, Anderson AM, Davis C, Johnson KC, Gregg EW, et al. The Look AHEAD Trial: bone loss at 4-year follow-up in type 2 diabetes.The Look AHEAD Trial. Diabetes Care. 2014 Oct;37(10): 2822-9.
9. Anglin RE, Samaan Z, Walter SD, McDonald SD. Vitamin D deficiency and depression in adults: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Brit J Psychiatry. 2013; 202(2): 100-7.
10. Motsinger S, Lazovich D, MacLehose RF, Torkelson CJ, Robien K. Vitamin D intake and mental health-related quality of life in older women: the Iowa Women's health study. Maturitas. 2012 31; 71(3): 267-73.
11. Witham MD, Crighton LJ, Gillespie ND, Struthers AD, McMurdo ME. The effects of vitamin D supplementation on physical function and quality of life in older heart failure patients: A randomised controlled trial. Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 109.
12. Ware JE Jr, Sherbourne CD. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care. 1992; 30(6): 473-83.
13. Brazier JE, Harper R, Jones NM, O'Cathain A, Thomas KJ, Usherwood T,
et al. Validating the SF-36 health survey questionnaire: New outcome measure for primary care. Brit Med J. 1992; 305(6846): 160-64.
14. Montazeri A, Goshtasebi A, Vahdaninia M, Gandek B. The short form health survey (SF-36): Translation and validation study of the Iranian version. Qual Life Res. 2005; 14(3): 875-82.
15. Kalueff AV, Tuohimaa P. Neurosteroid hormone vitamin D and its utility in clinical nutrition. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007; 10(1): 12-9.
16. VRosenthal NE, Sack DA, Carpenter CJ, Parry BL, Mendelson WB, Wehr TA. Antidepressant effects of light in seasonal affective disorder. Am J Psychiat. 1985; 142(2): 163-70.
17. Davimes JG, Alagaili AN, Gravett N, Bertelsen MF, Mohammed OB, Ismail K, et al. Arabian Oryx (Oryx leucoryx) respond to increased ambient temperatures with a seasonal shift in the timing of their daily inactivity patterns. J Biol Rhythms. 2016.
18. Spoont MR, Depue RA, Krauss SS. Dimensional measurement of seasonal variation in mood and behavior. Psychiat Res. 1991; 39(3): 269-84.
19. Wilkins CH, Sheline YI, Roe CM, Birge SJ, Morris JC. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with low mood and worse cognitive performance in older adults. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006; 14: 1032-40.
20. Hoogendijk WJ, Lips P, Dik MG, Deeg DJ, Beekman AT, Penninx BW. Depression is associated with decreased 25-hydroxyvitamin D and increased parathyroid hormone levels in older adults. Arch Gen Psychiat. 2008 May; 65(5): 508-12.
21. Stewart R, Hirani V. Relationship between vitamin D levels and depressive symptoms in older residents from a national survey population. Psychosom Med. 2010; 72: 608-12.
22. Hajek T, Calkin C, Blagdon R, Slaney C, Alda M. Type 2 diabetes mellitus: A potentially modifiable risk factor for neurochemical brain changes in bipolar disorders. Biol Psychiatry. 2015; 77(3): 295-303.
23. Ali S, Stone M, Skinner TC, Robertson N, Davies M, Khunti K. The association between depression and health‐related quality of life in people with type 2 diabetes: A systematic literature review. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2010; 26(2): 75-89.
24. Javanbakht M, Abolhasani F, Mashayekhi A, Baradaran HR. Health related quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Iran: A national survey. PLoS One. 2012; 7(8): e44526.
25. Kashfi SM, Nasri A, Dehghan A, Yazdankhah M. Comparison of quality of life of patients with type II diabetes referring to diabetes association of Larestan with Healthy people in 2013. J Neyshabur Univ Med Sci. 2015; 3(2):32-38.
26. Saadatjoo SA, Rezvanee MR, Tabyee SH, Oudi D. Life quality comparison in type 2 diabetic patients and none diabetic persons. Modern Care. 2012; 9(1): 24-31.
27. Vazirinejad R, Sajjadi MA, Maghul N. Effect of diabetes on quality of life: A cohort study. Res Med. 2010; 34(1): 35-40.