1. World Health Organization. Ambient (outdoor) air quality and health Geneva: WHO; 2014 [cited 2016]. Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs313/en/.
2. Santra S. Is Human Development Index (HDI) a reflector of quality of air? A comparative study on developed and developing countries. Int J Sci Res. 2014; 4(2): 1-6.
3. Kurt OK, Zhang J, Pinkerton KE. Pulmonary health effects of air pollution. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2016; 22(2): 138-43.
4. Kampa M, Castanas E. Human health effects of air pollution. Environ Pollut. 2008; 151(2): 362-7.
5. Wong CM, Vichit-Vadakan N, Vajanapoom N, Ostro B, Thach TQ, Chau PY, et al. Part 5. Public health and air pollution in Asia (PAPA): A combined analysis of four studies of air pollution and mortality. Res Rep Health Eff Inst. 2010; 154: 377-418.
6. Brunekreef B, Holgate ST. Air pollution and health. The lancet. 2002; 360(9341): 1233-42.
7. Huang C, Nichols C, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Liu X, Gao S, et al. Ambient air pollution and adverse birth outcomes: a natural experiment study. Popul Health Metr. 2015; 13: 17.
8. Qian Z, Liang S, Yang S, Trevathan E, Huang Z, Yang R, et al. Ambient air pollution and preterm birth: A prospective birth cohort study in Wuhan, China. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2016; 219(2): 195-203.
9. Yorifuji T, Kashima S, Higa Diez M, Kado Y, Sanada S, Doi H. Prenatal exposure to traffic-related air pollution and child behavioral development milestone delays in Japan. Epidemiology. 2016; 27(1): 57-65.
10. Vawda S, Mansour R, Takeda A, Funnell P, Kerry S, Mudway I, et al. Associations between inflammatory and immune response genes and adverse respiratory outcomes following exposure to outdoor air pollution: A HuGE systematic review. Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 179(4): 432-42.
11. Dabass A, Talbott EO, Venkat A, Rager J, Marsh GM, Sharma RK, et al. Association of exposure to particulate matter (PM2.5) air pollution and biomarkers of cardiovascular disease risk in adult NHANES participants (2001-2008). Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2016; 219(3): 301-10.
12. Hart JE, Puett RC, Rexrode KM, Albert CM, Laden F. Effect modification of long-term air pollution exposures and the risk of incident cardiovascular disease in US Women. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4(12): 56-9.
13. Thurston GD, Burnett RT, Turner MC, Shi Y, Krewski D, Lall R, et al. ischemic heart disease mortality and long-term exposure to source-related components of U.S. fine particle air pollution. Environ Health Perspect. 2016; 124(6): 785-94.
14. Huang YC, Ghio AJ. Vascular effects of ambient pollutant particles and metals. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2006; 4(3): 199-203.
15. Sharma RK, Agrawal M. Biological effects of heavy metals: an overview. J Environ Biol. 2005; 26(2): 301-13.
16. Fajersztajn L, Veras M, Barrozo LV, Saldiva P. Air pollution: A potentially modifiable risk factor for lung cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2013; 13(9): 674-8.
17. World Health Organization. Annual mean concentration of particulate matter of less than 10 microns of diameter (PM10) [ug/m3] Geneva: WHO; 2011 [cited 2016]. Available from: http://apps.who.int/gho/ indicatorregistry/App_Main/view_indicator.aspx?iid=1349.
18. Brauer M, Amann M, Burnett RT, Cohen A, Dentener F, Ezzati M, et al. Exposure assessment for estimation of the global burden of disease attributable to outdoor air pollution. Environ Sci Technol. 2012; 46(2): 652-60.
19. Wu J, Ren C, Delfino RJ, Chung J, Wilhelm M, Ritz B. Association between local traffic-generated air pollution and preeclampsia and preterm delivery in the south coast air basin of California. Environ Health Perspect. 2009; 117(11): 1773-9.
20. Hao H, Chang HH, Holmes HA, Mulholland JA, Klein M, Darrow LA, et al. Air Pollution and Preterm Birth in the U.S. State of Georgia (2002-2006): Associations with Concentrations of 11 Ambient Air Pollutants Estimated by Combining Community Multiscale Air Quality Model (CMAQ) Simulations with Stationary Monitor Measurements. Environ Health Perspect. 2016; 124(6): 875-80.
21. Bellinger DC. Teratogen update: lead and pregnancy. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2005; 73(6): 409-20.
22. Correia AW, Pope CA, 3rd, Dockery DW, Wang Y, Ezzati M, Dominici F. Effect of air pollution control on life expectancy in the United States: an analysis of 545 U.S. counties for the period from 2000 to 2007. Epidemiology. 2013; 24(1): 23-31.
23. Wallner P, Hutter H-P, Moshammer H. Worldwide associations between air quality and health end-points:
24. Sram RJ, Binkova B, Dejmek J, Bobak M. Ambient air pollution and pregnancy outcomes: a review of the literature. Environ Health Perspect. 2005; 113(4): 375-82.
25. Baker SG. Causal inference, probability theory, and graphical insights. Stat Med. 2013; 32(25): 4319-30.
26. Kunzli N, Tager IB. Air pollution: from lung to heart. Swiss Med Wkly. 2005; 135(48): 697-702.