1. Risk factors for cancers. Available from: http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/ causes-prevention/risk. [Accessed Jul 2014].
2. Swiderska M, Choromanska B, Dabrowska E, Konarzewska-Duchnowska E, Choromanska K, Szczurko G, et al. The diagnostics of colorectal cancer. Contemp Oncol. 2014; 18(1): 1-6.
3. WHO fact sheet on cancer, Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/ fs297/en/. [Accessed Sep 2014].
4. Thun MJ, DeLancey JO, Center MM, Jemal A, Ward EM. The global burden of cancer: Priorities for prevention. Carcinogenesis. 2010; 31(1): 100-10.
5. Hosseini SV, Izadpanah A, Yarmohammadi H. Epidemiological changes in colorectal cancer in Shiraz, Iran: 1980-2000. ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74(7): 547-9.
6. Ansari R, Mahdavinia M, Sadjadi A, Nouraie M, Kamangar F, Bishehsari F, et al. Incidence and age distribution of colorectal cancer in Iran: Results of a population-based cancer registry. Cancer Lett. 2006; 240(1): 143-7.
7. Foroutan M, Rahimi N, Tabatabaeifar M, Darvishi M, Hashemi M, Hossein-Panah F, et al. Clinical features of colorectal cancer in Iran: A 15-year review. J Dig Dis. 2008; 9(4): 225-7.
8. Safaee A, Moghimi-Dehkordi B, Fatemi SR, Pourhoseingholi MA, Vahedi M, Pourhoseingholi A, et al. Frequency of colorectal cancer in healthy individual's relatives: A cross-sectional population-based study. Koomesh. 2011; 12(2): 129-33.
9. Kashfi SM, Behboudi Farahbakhsh F, Golmohammadi M, Nazemalhosseini Mojarad E, Azimzadeh P, Asadzadeh Aghdaie H. Frameshift Mutations (Deletion at Codon 1309 and Codon 849) in the APC gene in Iranian FAP patients: A case series and review of the literature. Int J Mol Cell Med. 2014; 3(3): 196-202.
10. Shemirani AI, Haghighi MM, Zadeh SM, Fatemi SR, Taleghani MY, Zali N, et al. Simplified MSI marker panel for diagnosis of colorectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011; 12(8): 2101-4.
11. Johnson JJ, Mukhtar H. Curcumin for chemoprevention of colon cancer. Cancer Lett. 2007; 255(2): 170-81.
12. Terry P, Giovannucci E, Michels KB, Bergkvist L, Hansen H, Holmberg L, et al. Fruit, vegetables, dietary fiber, and risk of colorectal cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001; 93(7): 525-33.
13. Vece MM, Agnoli C, Grioni S, Sieri S, Pala V, Pellegrini N, et al. Dietary total antioxidant capacity and colorectal cancer in the Italian EPIC cohort. PLoS One. 2015; 10(11): e0142995.
14. Colorectal cancer facts and figures, Available from: http://www.cancer.org/acs/ groups/ content/ @epidemiologysurveilance/ documents/ document/ acspc-028312. pdf. [Accessed Feb 2014].
15. Haggar FA, Boushey RP. Colorectal cancer epidemiology: Incidence, mortality, survival, and risk factors. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2009; 22(4): 191-7.
16. Johnson IT, Lund EK. Review article: Nutrition, obesity and colorectal cancer. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26(2): 161-81.
17. Ries LA, Harkins D, Krapcho M, Mariotto A, Miller BA, Feuer EJ, et al. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2003. NIH; 2006.
18. NIH. What you need to know about cancer of the colon and rectum. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health; 1978.
19. O'Connell JB, Maggard MA, Livingston EH, Yo CK. Colorectal cancer in the young. Am J Surg. 2004; 187(3): 343-8.
20. Murphy G, Devesa SS, Cross AJ, Inskip PD, McGlynn KA, Cook MB. Sex disparities in colorectal cancer incidence by anatomic subsite, race and age. Int J Cancer. 2011; 128(7): 1668-75.
21. Shephard RJ. Exercise in the prevention and treatment of cancer. An update. Sports Med. 1993; 15(4): 258-80.
22. De Jong AE, Morreau H, Nagengast FM, Mathus-Vliegen EM, Kleibeuker JH, Griffioen G, et al. Prevalence of adenomas among young individuals at average risk for colorectal cancer. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100(1): 139-43.
23. Lee KJ, Inoue M, Otani T, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S, et al. Physical activity and risk of colorectal cancer in Japanese men and women: The Japan Public Health Center-based prospective study. Cancer Causes Control. 2007; 18(2): 199-209.
24. Bazensky I, Shoobridge-Moran C, Yoder LH. Colorectal cancer: An overview of the epidemiology, risk factors, symptoms, and screening guidelines. Medsurg Nurs. 2007; 16(1): 46-51.
25. Boyle P, Langman JS. ABC of colorectal cancer: Epidemiology. BMJ. 2000; 321(7264): 805-8.
26. Janout V, Kollarova H. Epidemiology of colorectal cancer. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2001; 145(1): 5-10.
27. Haggar FA, Boushey RP. Colorectal cancer epidemiology: Incidence, mortality, survival, and risk factors. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2009; 22(4): 191-7.
28. Van't Veer P, Kampman E. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: A global perspective: World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research; 2007. Available from: https://www. nih.gov/.
29. Butterworth AS, Higgins JP, Pharoah P. Relative and absolute risk of colorectal cancer for individuals with a family history: A meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2006; 42(2): 216-27.
30. He J, Stram DO, Kolonel LN, Henderson BE, Le Marchand L, Haiman CA. The association of diabetes with colorectal cancer risk: The multiethnic cohort. Br J Cancer. 2010; 103(1): 120-6.
31. Jee SH, Ohrr H, Sull JW, Yun JE, Ji M, Samet JM. Fasting serum glucose level and cancer risk in Korean men and women. JAMA. 2005; 293(2): 194-202.
32. Larsson SC, Orsini N, Wolk A. Diabetes mellitus and risk of colorectal cancer: A meta-analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97(22): 1679-87.
33. Zisman AL, Nickolov A, Brand RE, Gorchow A, Roy HK. Associations between the age at diagnosis and location of colorectal cancer and the use of alcohol and tobacco: implications for screening. Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166(6): 629-34.
34. Somi MH, Alizadeh N, Farhang S, Mirynejad K, Jazayeri O, Sadeghi M. The diagnosis and treatment of patients with gastric cancer and problems in the province. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sci. 2010; 4: 57-63.
35. Ananthakrishnan AN, Cagan A, Cai T, Gainer VS, Shaw SY, Churchill S, et al. Colonoscopy is associated with a reduced risk for colon cancer and mortality in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 13(2): 322-9.
36. Kirkegaard H, Johnsen NF, Christensen J, Frederiksen K, Overvad K, Tjonneland A. Association of adherence to lifestyle recommendations and risk of colorectal cancer: A prospective Danish cohort study. BMJ. 2010; 341.