1. Muanya C. Why Nigeria has fifth worst tuberculosis burden globally. The Guardian; 2019. Available from: https:// guardian.ng/features/why-nigeria-has-fifth-worst-tuberculosis-burden-globally/. Accessed March 16, 2021.
2. Onyedika-Ugoeze N. ‘11,000 new TB cases identified in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Oyo in one year’. The Guardian; 2021. Available from: Available from: https://guardian.ng/ news/11000-new-tb-cases-identified-in-lagos-ogun-osun-oyo-in-one-year/. Accessed April 3, 2021.
3. Dujaili JA, Sulaiman SA, Hassali MA, Awaisu A, Blebil AQ, Bredle JM. Health-related quality of life as a predictor of tuberculosis treatment outcomes in Iraq. Int J Infect Dis. 2015;31:4-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2014.12.004.
4. Aggarwal AN. Quality of life with tuberculosis. J Clin Tuberc Other Mycobact Dis. 2019;17:100121. doi: 10.1016/j. jctube.2019.100121.
5. World Health Organization (WHO). TB/HIV: A Clinical Manual. 2nd ed. Geneva: WHO; 2004.
6. Osahon PT, Okolo UI. Health-related quality of life of tuberculosis patients assessing treatment in a tertiary health facility in South East Nigeria. J Pharm Allied Sci. 2017;14(4):2578-83.
7. Adejumo OA, Daniel OJ, Abdur-Razzaq HA, Shogbamimu YO, Femi-Adebayo T, Adepoju VA, et al. Trend of tuberculosis case notification and treatment outcome in Lagos State, Nigeria: a 5-year retrospective study. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2017;111(7):300-7. doi: 10.1093/trstmh/trx060.
8. Lagos State Government. Tuberculosis Control Program. 2017. https://health.lagosstate.gov.ng/tuberculosis-control-program/. Accessed March 16, 2021.
9. Lee HK, Teo SSH, Barbier S, Tang SC, Yeo GH, Tan NC. The impact of direct observed therapy on daily living activities, quality of life and socioeconomic burden on patients with tuberculosis in primary care in Singapore. Proc Singapore Healthc. 2016;25(4):235-42. doi: 10.1177/2010105816652148.
10. Agboola HO, Ikonne CN. Health-related quality of life of pregnant women living with HIV/AIDS in Ogun State, Nigeria. International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Review. 2011;11(1):128-34.
11. Pokam BD, Fokam P, Njamen TN, Guemdjom PW, Asuquo AE. Assessment of health-related quality of life of tuberculosis patients in Fako division, south-west region of Cameroon. J Tuberc Res. 2020;8(3):93-110. doi: 10.4236/jtr.2020.83009.
12. Wahyuni AS, Soeroso N, Harahap J, Amelia R, Alona I. Quality of life of pulmonary TB patients after intensive phase treatmentin the health centers of Medan city, Indonesia. IOP Conf Ser Earth Environ Sci. 2018;125(1):012142. doi: 10.1088/1755-1315/125/1/012142.
13. Mamani M, Majzoobi MM, Mousavi Ghahfarokhi S, Esna- Ashari F, Keramat F. Assessment of health-related quality of life among patients with tuberculosis in Hamadan, Western Iran. Oman Med J. 2014;29(2):102-5. doi: 10.5001/omj.2014.25.
14. Fang XH, Shen HH, Hu WQ, Xu QQ, Jun L, Zhang ZP, et al. Prevalence of and factors influencing anti-tuberculosis treatment non-adherence among patients with pulmonary tuberculosis: a cross-sectional study in Anhui province, Eastern China. Med Sci Monit. 2019;25:1928-35. doi: 10.12659/msm.913510.
15. Sartika I, Insani WN, Abdulah R. Assessment of health-related quality of life among tuberculosis patients in a public primary care facility in Indonesia. J Glob Infect Dis. 2019;11(3):102-6. doi: 10.4103/jgid.jgid_136_18.
16. Rahmalia S, Erwin, Huda N. Influencing Factors on the Quality of Life of Tuberculosis Patients. https://repository.unri. ac.id/xmlui/handle/123456789/7741.
17. Muhammed S, Nagla S, Morten S. Illness perceptions and quality of life among tuberculosis patients in Gezira, Sudan. Afr Health Sci. 2015;15(2):385-93.
18. Kanu NE. Comparative Study of Perceived Health-Related Quality of Life and Wellbeing of HIV Patients with and Without TB Co-Infection at University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria [dissertation]. West African College of Physicians; 2015.
19. Malik M, Nasir R, Hussain A. Health related quality of life among TB patients: question mark on performance of TB DOTS in Pakistan. J Trop Med. 2018;2018:2538532. doi: 10.1155/2018/2538532.
20. Jovanić M, Zdravković M, Stanisavljević D, Jović Vraneš A. Exploring the importance of health literacy for the quality of life in patients with heart failure. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(8):1761. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15081761.
21. Dhuria M, Sharma N, Narender Pal S, Ram Chander J, Saha R, Gopal Krishan I. A study of the impact of tuberculosis on the quality of life and the effect after treatment with DOTS. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2009;21(3):312-20. doi: 10.1177/1010539509336242.
22. Iti JL, Mudaraddi R, Nagaraja SB, Shastri S. Deciphering the quality of life among tuberculosis patients under RNTCP in Karnataka, India. J Tuberc Res. 2019;7(2):45-55. doi: 10.4236/ jtr.2019.72005.
23. Hutahaean LM. Factors affecting life quality of pulmonary tuberculosis sufferers at Sanglah hospital denpasar. IOSR J Nurs Health Sci. 2013;2(5):30-4.
24. Shalabey HM, Mohammed HS, Darraj M, Hassan AM. Demographic and clinical factors affecting health-related quality of life in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. Egypt J Chest Dis Tuberc. 2021;70(1):12-20.
25. Sabri S, Nagi AB. Impact of tuberculosis upon patients quality of life who undergo directly observed treatment short course (DOTS) in Al-Amarah city. Kufa J Nurs Sci. 2014;4(1): 1-12.
26. Rafiq M, Saqib SE, Atiq M. Health-related quality of life of tuberculosis patients and the role of socioeconomic factors: a mixed-method study. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2021;106(1):80-7. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.21-0494.
27. Drewes J, Ebert J, Langer PC, Kleiber D, Gusy B. Social inequalities in health-related quality of life among people aging with HIV/AIDS: the role of comorbidities and disease severity. Qual Life Res. 2020;29(6):1549-57. doi: 10.1007/ s11136-020-02413-9.